Friday, December 3, 2010

Burned Out

I haven't been too inspired to blog lately...and I've really been slacking in the department of pictures and visual interest.  Sorry...all my creative juices have been sucked up by care plans and research papers!

But now I am finished with my actual clinical days for Med/Surg I and just have a perioperative/ER day to get through, a QSEN project to complete, and a cumulative final exam for the class.  Ugh!!  I am feeling the burn - burn OUT, that is.

Don't get me wrong, I am still learning like crazy, and I love being a nursing student, but I am so ready for a break.  I just have until December 17...which is just about two weeks away!

If you are wondering if you have ever experienced such a thing as burnout, here are a few of the signs and symptoms:


Don't panic, the syndrome is curable with a little rest and relaxation!

***

ON a positive note, I had a GREAT clinical experience.  I got to practice a lot of skills, including my  
first successful IV start!  
My patients were wonderful, as were their families.   
They taught me so much
I hope I was able to convey my gratitude.


1 comment:

  1. I have some tired 'everything' happening here and no rest or relaxation until dec. 22....just trying to keep it together until then.
    finding the positive in everyday and the smiles and laughter will help make the waiting do-able!
    hang in there...keep finding "positive sides"!!

    ReplyDelete

I don't hate comments!