Sunday, November 28, 2010

Give Thanks

I meant to get this post up before the Thanksgiving holiday but as we move on I know that it is never too late to be thankful...so here you go - happy Thanksgiving! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday.


I am very very blessed.  I have so much to be thankful for.  But for the purposes of this blog, I thought I would sit down and list a few things that I am grateful for that pertain to nursing school, and the profession of nursing.

I am thankful for my loving, understanding and supportive family who remain so even through my second go-round of being a poor college student.

I am thankful for the opportunity to keep learning and improving myself.

I am thankful for kind and patient nurses who remember what it was like to be a student, and who are glad to share their knowledge and passion.

I am thankful for patients who are open to sharing their experience with a student, to facilitate my learning as well as theirs, and to let me participate in their care with confidence and trust.
I am thankful for great examples who love being nurses even after years in the profession.

I am thankful for wonderful friends who keep in touch and never hesitate to ask how school is going and to offer a few words of encouragement.

I am thankful for new friends and classmates to lean on, commiserate with, and to help one another muddle through the papers, tests, quizzes, evaluations and examinations.

*************
These are just a handful in a sea of blessings that I have been given,  but time slips away and I forget to be thankful for all of the little things.  Don't ever forget to give thanks for the good things.

Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.
-- Melody Beattie

What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't hate comments!