Thursday, January 27, 2011

All About the Tiny Humans

After two full days of classes, I feel like this semester is already flying by!  With a dual clinical scheduled in Obstetrics and Pediatrics, this semester is all about the tiny humans <3.
This is a reference to <Grey's Anatomy>, by the way!

I have very little experience with the little ones.  While my besties are having their babies, I am fumbling my way through nursing school.  But I love love love babies and kiddos, and I think they are possibly the closest we get to experiencing pure joy.  So I am both terrified and ecstatic for this round of rotations.

While on the topic, I would like to give a shout-out to all the mommies and daddies out there.  Even in two classes, learning all about the pregnancy, birth, and illness experiences with children makes me appreciate the heck out of you guys!
And makes me a little terrified to be a parent.

I successfully passed my third medication dosage calculation exam yesterday (for Peds) with 100% (required).  I will be taking yet another dosage calc exam on Friday for OB.  Gosh! I realize that this is an effort to reduce medication errors in patient care, but I am over these anxiety-inducing math tests!  Ugh, I hate math.
Sorry, Mr. Denning. 

In addition to eye-openers about the secret lives of tiny humans, this semester will also be an introduction to the night life for me.  Twelve hour night shifts during March for Peds...ahh!  You might as well suit me up and ask me to play in the NFL.

Here I go.  And as I learn, hopefully I will come up with some interesting topics to discuss.  I do love your comments and suggestions, so hit me up if you have something to say!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hey, there! Andrea here. I am excited to read all about your adventures in Peds and OB this block. Wishing you the best...I know you'll be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i always thought that if i had to work in a hospital, being near the "tiny humans" would be where i like to be.
    good luck with this...and like andrea said, you'll be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

I don't hate comments!