Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Resolutions

Welcome, 2012.  I don't always make New Year's resolutions, because about mid-year, I forget all about them.  This year, they are posted on a sticky note above my computer at my desk where I seem to spend a great deal of time.  And here they are in no particular order:

1.  Pass the NCLEX on the first try.
(Hopefully I can mark this one off after January).

2.  Have a daily to-do list, to help me stay organized and focused.

3.  Blog more.

4.  Finish projects that are already started (please refer to exhibits a. and b.) before starting something new.

5.  Take more pictures - these are memories people!

6.  Make the effort to buy American-made products, when possible.
This is something new I am going to try, after failing miserably at it during my Christmas shopping.

7.  Be as quick to pray as I am to text or tweet or update FB or blog.



Exhibit a.
Christmas tree rag quilt started before Christmas 2011, must be finished before Christmas 2012.

Exhibit b.
Granny square baby afghan started summer 2011, must be completed by February 2012.
These are only two of at least four projects that I can think of that I need to finish!

Notice there are no resolutions about exercise or dieting, because I never keep them.  Forget it!  I resolved just to take care of myself and listen to what my body and spirit need.


Cheers to the New Year, peace and blessings to all.

4 comments:

  1. if there were a club for people with unfinished projects, i, my love, would be the president. no. the queen. yes. i would.
    good luck with all these....you are already way ahead of me...i haven't even made sticky notes yet. soon...
    happy new year, sweetie...may the year of the dragon be a good one for you...i think it will!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. !ove your lightweight 221! I miss working on my quilts. Haven't done a thing since starting nursing school last year. I'll be off this summer so I'm hoping to work on some of my own unfinished projects.

    ReplyDelete

I don't hate comments!