Monday, October 11, 2010

monday monday

Another Monday down, only one more to go in this block of the semester.  A week from today I'll take my final exam in Fundamentals of Nursing.  We have covered so much content in this class.  It has gone pretty smoothly for me - a good deal of it has been over skills and material I learned as a CNA.  What I appreciated about this class is the focus on Evidence Based Practice and why nurses do what they do, when they do it, and how they do it.  We had at least three articles per week to read, linking current evidence to current practice in nursing. 

After the final written exam on Monday, I will have my "Interventional CPE".  This CPE will be performed in the simulation suite, on a dummy, with my instructors watching behind a one-way mirror.  If nothing else, the feeling of being watched increases the level of anxiety.  What are they saying behind that glass?!

We covered a lot of material in class today, including respiratory interventions.  Speaking of anxiety-inducing...one of my biggest worries about being a new nurse in a hospital is my first code blue.  Will I remember what things to do and what order to do them in, or will I just freak out?  We will see.  I hope I don't freak out.

After that lecture that seemed to last for days, I came home and J. and I curled up on the bed and took a nap together.  So nice!  If finally feels like fall in Denver, and I just want to cuddle up and drink tea and read a book.  Only a real book...not a textbook.  Oh well, maybe two years from now...



We were feeling too lazy to make dinner so...


I just finished a quiz for my online Nursing Research course.  Now I am half-heartedly looking over material for tomorrow's weekly pharmacology quiz while J. celebrates his favorite TV time with Colorado Avalanche vs. Philadephia Flyers Hockey, New York Jets vs. Minnesota Vikings Football, and Monday Night Raw WWE Wrestling.

BTW, have you had a chance to check out any of the nursing blogs I recently added?  Also, check out Tunes and Spoons this week for a really creative use of some old (but pretty) handkerchiefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't hate comments!