Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Med SURGE

Well we have jumped head first into the world of Med/Surg nursing. And I thought we were bombarded with information in Fundamentals! I AM loving the synthesis of all the information we have gathered so far though. This class is all about application of information to real life situation.

And just when I thought I was done with dosage calculation exams...I am not. We have a quiz on Friday, again requiring 100% in no more than three attempts. Welcome to week #1!

Tomorrow is my hospital orientation for clinical rotations. I am excited - my clinical instructor seems really nice, and I am SO ready to get into the hospital! I start my first shift on election day, and I'll be on the neuroscience floor again. I was really hoping for something different than I had already experienced, but I know that I will learn a lot on this unit, with a wide spectrum of disability and illness in the patients.

Before I start my rotation, I found a very appropriate blog post to help me prepare for the patient care experience on JParadisi RN's Blog called Let Me Tell You One More Thing You Already Know.  It's about therapeutic communication and patient-centered care which, as you know, are hot topics in the current nursing curriculum. After all, the patients are the reason that we are nurses, and student nurses, and CNAs, and healthcare professionals.  It's all about the patients. 

Please take a look at this blog post if you have time, and let me tell you one more thing you already know:  remember to listen to what your patients are saying.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for mentioning my blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! I enjoy your posts very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. always take time to listen to the patient

    ReplyDelete
  4. zuecos enfermera thanks for your proclaim. Ive been thinking about writing a totally similar publicize a ways alongside than the closing couple of weeks, sick probably cash it immediate and adorable and associate to this in any other case if thats cool. thanks.

    ReplyDelete

I don't hate comments!