Sunday, April 3, 2011

Wishful Thinking

So...remember yesterday when I was all "springy spring spring" but I mad the caveat that I live in Colorado and rarely do we escape April without more spring snow?  Well this is what it looks like at my window today.


First it clouded up and the temperature must have dropped about 20 degrees.  Then the wind came.  Then it rained, and now it is snowing.  And Lena and I are both looking out the window wishing for spring to come back soon so we can go out and play.

Oh well, here is my unwanted excuse to sit down and do some studying.

Speaking of wishing...
It seems like every day, in every job, in every situation, there is always somebody wishing that "this day would just be over already!".  We all do it.  We're always in a hurry to get to the next "important" event.

*BUT*

If you knew it would be the last day you would see your friend, the last day you would talk to your mom or dad on the phone, the time you would kiss your kids on their way to school or the last "good morning" you would say to your sweetheart, would you still wish it away?

With recent tragic events in Japan and worldwide and events that may even hit closer to home, I think it is important to remember how precious life is, so hold your loved ones close.  

Don't wish away your days!  Once that time is gone, you cannot get it back.  Time is for love and for making memories - these things live on forever after.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for helping me remember to embrace today, slow down and love my special people in my life.

    ReplyDelete

I don't hate comments!