Saturday, April 2, 2011

Feeling Springy



Hello again, friends!
I realize I've been MIA for the last couple of weeks, taking some much needed vacation time to see family, and diving head first into the dynamic world of Adults With Complex Disease Processes (aka Med/Surg II).  I am so excited about this class for a few reasons:

1.  Our instructors are incredibly knowledgeable and helpful
2.  I feel like we are getting beyond the basics to the guts of nursing
and
3.  We get to have some input into the floor on which we will be doing our clinical rotation
(Oncology please with all of my fingers crossed!!)


Also, the weather is actually starting to look like Spring!
(Just a little late for Spring Break...)
I have lived in Colorado long enough to know that there is still a very good chance of having snow again before summer is here, but the trees are starting to bud and the afternoons are warm so I am hopeful.  Even enough so to have painted my toenails in anticipation of wearing flip-flops!

Also, I am "on" again in reference to my on-again/off-again workout program, and that puts a little extra spring in my step.  As an added incentive, my ten year high school reunion is this summer, so I try to keep that in mind as I am burning up the treadmill.
(What would I rather be doing...studying??)
Good music gets me through the workouts with a smile, with Grace Potter and the Nocturnals being my latest iPod addition.
(Grace and the gang also make great study buddies.)

***

What do you like to listen to when you study or work out?  Any suggestions for awesome new tunes?    

1 comment:

I don't hate comments!